May 12, 2014

This Month I Try.....30 Day Shred


Fighting off the winter layers.



SO I may be coming late to the table but believe it or not... I only found out about the 30 Day Shred yesterday. It was all thanks to a particular youtuber Melanie Murphy who makes videos about beauty, lifestyle etc. Recently she did a video about doing the 30 Day Shred, and I thought why not? I'll bloody well give it a go too.

First of all, I'll mention my current routine. I eat probably reasonably average. My dear mother makes sure to pump me with vegetables and fruit as often as she can, but I will eat out a lot with friends which will generally not be the healthiest meals. I'm very ok with what I eat and I don't think it needs to change.

My water consumption has dropped considerably lately. Partly due to forgetting to carry a water bottle around at Uni and being lazy about drinking but I want to change this. I'm going to aim this month to drink at least 2L everyday of water. Not only is this good for skin and health as it flushes out toxins in the body, it can be good for weight loss too - circulating the blood around the body with more vigour. With the added exercise to my routine upping the water intake will be important so I can stay hydrated!!! (and helps to reduce muscle pain the day after :( )

I try to walk for an hour everyday. Yes, everyday. I started this about a year and a half ago, and its been the best. There has definitely been an increase in fitness, but it also reduces stress and changes up my routine - especially when studying. It's a great time to process thoughts/feelings/essay questions, or even when I download new music I have to go on a walk straight away to listen to it. Weird I know. During the 30 Day Shred I'm going to try and keep this going, because it's important me time - not so much about the exercise.

The reason for wanting to start the shred is to tone up a little bit, and fight off those extra winter layers that inevitably pack on in the colder season. It's all about being a little fitter, healthier and taking care of myself. And also - I'm keen to see what all the fuss is about!

From what I can tell, the 30 Day Shred has three levels. Each level is a workout video, and you follow this video everyday for 10 days, before moving up to the next level - totalling in 30 days (Yay Maths!).
Each video is on youtube, links below, which makes it suupper easy and accessible, something you can do on your own at home or with a couple of friends to keep each other motivated.

Level 1


Level 2


Level 3





I did my first day today, took the 'before' pictures, and I'm keen to see the results!! Anyone else going to give it a try?